Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hip hop and rap music video effects?

Hi.....I was trying to pull an effect for a music video im doing. There is a specific effect im looking for that is fairly popular in music videos. I dont know what its called and its kind of hard to explain. But, the effect im looking for is seen in a lot of hip hop and rap music videos. What im trying to do is to sync the video and audio in a way that everytime when the claps, snares, or the kicks hit in the audio, the video gets effected. For example the video goes to black and white on the kicks then to color in the other parts. Or a quick pan or zoom everytime the bass hits. I dont know if you know what I mean but take this as a thought....when you look at a boombox when listening to music, you can see the diaphram of the speaker expanding towards you when the bass hits. I know I can pull the effect off with cutting and splitting the scenes, but it will be too much work and im sure there is a specific name for this effect. I am going to be using either after effects or sony vegas. Thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment