Sunday, June 5, 2011

Am iresponsible for debts that my ex husband files bankruptcy on?

I have been divorced for 6months. my husband assumed all the joint debts in the divorce. i assumed all my personal debt. He has let me remain in our home and he pays most of the payment. I am disabled but do not draw disability. I inherited a little money when my mother passed away and her home. The money is in my name only and always has been. The house was supposed to only been in my name but somehow things were messed up and his name is on the deed. He is sick and has no choice but to file bankruptcy. i am afraid when he does the creditors we had together will come after me for payment because i have this money. this inheritance is my only means of support now unless i become able to work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment